Friday, July 22, 2011

Jesus:The Keeper Of My Soul!

2 Timothy 1:12 "For the which cause I also suffer these things:nevertheless I am not ashamed:for I know whom I have believed,and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day".

Paul,who was whipped,persecuted,and imprisoned among other things is sustained by faith and by a sense of personal security in Christ Jesus.The meaning  which may be in the text:The gospel given to Paul,was able to keep until the judgment.See he knew the gospel was safe in th ecare of Jesus,for he knew that Jesus was the keeper of his soul.Paul felt great comfort as the result of committing his soul to Jesus.

What Paul had done was in feeling the value of his soul,knowing its danger,aware of his own weakness, believing in Jesus Christ the power of God, he placed his soul in Jesus hands.To heal him as a physican, to supply his needs as his shepherd; to be directed as his pilot;to plead his case as his advocate; and to guard over his soul as his protector.He had committed his soul to Jesus by an act of faith,that he continued to hold to.See Paul speaks not of believing in Jesus,but of believing Jesus, a personal faith in a personal Savior.He knew Jesus because he met Jesus for himself on the road to Damascus,and he constantly communed with the Lord,so he believed him.He was sure without doubt that the Lord could and would keep him.He says" I'm persuaded that he can keep me".So he was not ashamed, he was confident,he was thankful,and he was very cheerful,as he gladly praised the Lord in whom he trusted.This text is a confession of faith and a form of adoration.

 "I had lost that weary bondage of doubt which chained me for so many years.I have the same sin and temptations as before, and I strive against them now as before,and it is hard work.But where as I could not before see why I should be saved,I cannot now see why I should not be saved if Christ died for sinners.On that word I take my stand"(F.R.Havergal).Jesus Christ ,the power of God to keep us from falling, and the forgiveness of God when we do.Make Him the keeper of Your soul.

1 comment:

  1. Those he has been given he has lost none;Have you given him your soul?

    ReplyDelete