Saturday, February 23, 2013

Look In The Mirror,Not Out The Window

Matthew 26:22"And they were exceeding sorrowful, and begin every one of them to say unto him, Lord is it I?"

Here they are at the Lord supper,and the Lord says "one of you shall betray me", the Lords inner circle, his twelve, hand picked by him,and one would betray him.They were troubled to know their master would be betrayed, and it troubled them even more to know one of them would do it.They were troubled most of all, that they didn't know which one it was;each afraid for himself,and they asked "Lord is it I".They didn't point fingers at each other, or place blame on one another; they didn't say Lord is it Peter,John or James, they each asked "Lord is it I".

Saints we must all examine ourselves in our walk with the Lord, we must begin to look within for those things which hinder our relationship with Christ.Look within for the gods of this world that blinds us to the will and way of the Lord.They each looked within and ask the question "Lord is it I",Is it I betraying you for the love of money, selling you out for a hand full of silver.Is it I committing spiritual adultry and fornication,as I confess with my mouth, my marriage to the lamb, but secretly climb in and out of the bed with the gods of this world.Lord is it I,being led by the powers of satan unaware, captivated by his lies,and false promises, blinded to the things of heaven, trapped in the flesh,a slave to the old man and his ways,while confessing a new life in Christ.Lord is it I,causing division within your flock, proclaiming and teaching a self serving doctrine,catering your word to fit my beliefs, and lifestyle, Lord is it I; Am I denying you three times before the cock crows,denying you in my walk, in my talk, and in my appearence, as I bear no resemblance to you at all. Lord is it I who dips with you in the love of the Father with one hand, while stabbing you in the back with the other.Lord is it I,Who serves you with my lips, while my heart is far from you, dressed up on the outside looking like a new man, but on the inside just dead lifeless bones, walking on the same crooked path.They all asked" Lord is it I", eating bread with you while,lifting my heals up against you, they wanted and needed to know for themselves,"Lord is it I."

Saints we must be absolutly sure as to where we stand with Christ,salvation is real, and the choices we make are eternal; have you with all sincerity of heart, ask the question" Lord is it I". Because we were the "I" who was lost in sin,the"I" on the way to hell, and the "I" that Jesus suffered ,bled and died to save. So let us ask daily, "Lord is it I" and then pray for the strength not to betray the Lord of Glory.............

No comments:

Post a Comment