Saturday, November 21, 2015

Our Resting Place

Matthew 11:29 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

In the first part of this chapter Jesus taught the solemn truth of human responsibility, and afterwards he had joyfully proclaimed in prayer the doctrine of election. Now he turns to give a free and full invitation to those who are needing rest. We must remember who it is  who is inviting men to come to him. The Son of the most high God, bids men to draw near to Himself without fear, and he will give them rest.
 
Christ said I will give you rest, not I will show you rest, nor tell you of rest, but I will give you rest for your soul. Christ said believe in me and I will give you rest, I will give you peace with God and peace with conscience. I will turn your storms into everlasting calm. I will give you a rest the world cannot take from you. The more we learn of Jesus the more we can take rest in His promises. Many are wondering through a vast wilderness of doubt, disbelief, and worry because they don't know enough to know Christ as a way out of no way. Christ said "Learn of Me".
 
We learn of Him as we draw near to Him through the study of His word. God said "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge", it is not that the knowledge is not available, it is that many do not make themselves avavilable to receive the knowledge. Let us take His yoke upon us, let us learn of Him that we might be better witnesses to a dying world, of the good news of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment