Friday, September 12, 2014

He Is Waiting

Luke 15:20 "But when he was yet a great way off, His Father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck and kissed him."

God takes great pleasure when one sinner repents and returns to him. Jesus tells us of the Joy that takes place in heaven when one lost soul is saved, and one backslider returns.We have a story of a lost sheep, one who was in the fold and wondered away, the lost coin, the one lost in the house, And then the most famous of all the stories the prodigal son.

While in darkeness, a servant to sin and the various lust it powers, my Father saw me. My Father saw me and a great thing happened. He loved me. Before the foundation of the world, he called me from darkness into his marvelous light. While I was waddling in the pig pen of life, He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs. He prepared for me a way out of no way.When he saw me, my Father had compassion on me, had pity on my fallen condition, He forgave me for I didn't know what I was doing. I was burden down with guilt, sin, shame and fear, I came slowly, but He came to me with the urgency of salvation. He met me with encouragment, he gave me hope, comfort and peace as He offered me His rest. The arms of His mercy stretched out to embrace me. He took me in. I had just gotten out of the pig pen of life, covered with the stinch of sin and filth, the Father takes me in his arms and He lays me in his bosom and He loved me .

Like Lazarus in the bosom of Abraham, Jesus places all who surrenders to Him in the loving care of the Father.The bosom is a place of the beloved, a place of honor . The bosom the place of  the blessed as Jesus the only begotten of God, rest in the bosom of his Father.Then He kissed me,not only assuring me of my welcome,but also sealing me with my pardon. Because he saw me,God gave his only begotten son, who was whipped in my place, punished for my transgressions,and died for my sins. The good news is He also did it for you, will you come back to your Fathers house? He is waiting with outstretched arms. Thank you Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment