Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Wears No Disguise

John 14:15 "If you love me keep my commandments".

"I love you" these words can be heard many times on this Valentines day. A day when all around the world and in every language, someone will declare their love for another. But what does it truly mean to say "I love you", if there is no action, showing the love that is being profess. Love is an action not a phrase, Yet to many. It has become a word of convenience. We say I love you for personal gain, to deceive, and many times as an excuse for inexcusable behavior.( The man who batters his wife and says it is because he loves her so much). But what is real love, what is the way of love?  Love should be seen as it wears no disguise.

Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments. Now on the surface this might seem like a tall order, but in reality it is no different than what we expect out of those who profess to love us. You expect that if your wife/husband loves you ,that they will keep the marriage vows they made. You expect the children who say they love you to be obedient and keep the rules of the house. So when Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments" it really shouldn't seem that strange a request. What are His commandments, to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart soul and might" and "to love one another as I have loved you." Is this such a strange thing to request? Can't we who profess to be Christ like, love Christ like? How can we say we have been born of the spirit of God, yet at the same time, not possess the love of God, when His spirit is one of love.

Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life. Jesus is the way of love , the truth of what love is, and the life of love we are to live. Let us walk and communicate that love to a lost and dying world that they may come to know the true way of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment