Friday, October 28, 2011

God Has Been Good to You

Psalms 116:7 "Return unto thy rest,O my soul;for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee".

In these troubled times we can get pulled away from the rest and peace of the Lord by the trials and percieved troubles of this world.We without even being aware of it ,at times begin to focus on that which we don't have and we don't thank and praise God for that which we do have.Through it all we must remember that God has been good to us.

We must remember that when we were lost in darkness on our way to hell, He sent His only begotten Son to die on a cross to save our souls.Everything we need God gave us when he gave us Jesus.In Jesus we have salvation, in Jesus He has supplied our every need, in Jesus He our battles are won,in Jesus   our enemies behave, in Jesus we have rest and peace for our souls.So let us return to the Lord,he said in His word "take no thought", we already have the victory, our needs have already been met,but we must walk in the faith that we have all that we need.Jesus does have all power,and we must live in the faith that we are victorious, and believe that no weapon formed against us shall prosper,that all things does work together for good to them who love the Lord,and return for the Lord has been good to us.

As I look over my own life,even in these hard times, God has supplied my every need.17 years ago I was homeless, on drugs had lost my children.The world said I was unfit to live ,but God felt I was to precious to die.Today as I look back I see that God has been good to me,and woe with me if I don't preach the gospel of Jesus Christ,the power of God unto Salvation. "As good as God has been to me,I can't afford not to praise his name".

No comments:

Post a Comment