Thursday, October 6, 2011

What If?

2 Chronicles 7:14 " If my people,which are called by my name,shall humble themselves,and pray,and seek my face,and turn from their wicked ways;then will I hear from heaven,and will forgive their sins, and will heal their land".


What if the whole world was saved? What if everybody truly believed in their heart the Lord Jesus, and confessed with their mouth that God raised him from the dead.What If we truly loved the Lord thy God with all our heart soul and might,and loved our neighbor as our self.What if there truly was no difference between the Jew and the Gentile; the Baptist and the COGIC,what if the Catholic and the protestant. truly overcame their differences and walked as one.What if we truly believed " One Lord, One Faith and One Baptism".What if we truly loved one another as Christ has loved us,the world could be saved.Jesus said "and I ,If I be lifted up from the earth,will draw all men unto me",What if we really lifted Him in all that we do,not just the words we say.If we did these things from our hearts,God says he would hear from heaven ,forgive our sins and heal the land.

Here we have a very popularily quoted scripture.The thing is dosn't seem to be anything more than lip service to those who claim to be called by his name.Now I know many will stop reading at this point, but God says "If my people" would do what I have asked of them then will I forgive their sins and heal their land.Well from what I see the land isn't heald,so since I know God can't lie, that would mean we are not doing our part consistantly. Jesus also said if he was lifted up all men would be drawed unto Him, yet their are still a many wondering in darkness,and since I know Jesus is the truth of God word, then it must mean we are not lifting Him up, in all our ways all the time to everyone we see.Now don't get me wrong there are many who truly are doing as much as they can,and all they can.But what if? What if we could truly be honest with ourselves and say we could do more, we could love more, we could care more, we could forgive, and give more.What if we were honest enough to say we sometimes get caught up in the prosperity, power,and prestige of this old world and we put our own ambitions and desires above the will and instructions of God.What if we realized we are not half the saint we claim to be and closer to being the sinner we try to denounce.
What if we were one body with one purpose, walking in a spirit of oneness and proclaiming  one message,Christ and Him Crucified,In one love,the world then could be saved.What If?

No comments:

Post a Comment