Saturday, September 21, 2013

He Took Our Place

Roman 5:6 "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly".

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". He took our place. We deserved Hell but He died that we might receive Heaven. We should be dead , but He died that we might have life. I love Him because He first loved me, as He took my place.

When I was without strength, when I was to weak to say no to the lust will and desires of my flesh. While I was too weak to fight off the wiles and temptations brought on by the tempter. While I was yet a sinner, without  God or any knowledge of Him. While I was rebelling against Him and all He stood for, at the right time, in God's time, in due time, Christ was whipped for my transgressions, He was bruised for my iniquities and hung on a cross and died for my sin. Yes He took my place.

Jesus went through, and accepted all that lied before me, when I was without strength. Christ died for the ungodly that we might become sons of God. Our life is no longer our own. It was purchased with the death and shed blood of Christ to do with as He sees fit. Christ is our way to a new life, a holy life, a perfected life in Him with God. He is now the strength within us that allows us to stand against all that the evil one throws our way. He is our protection against any weapon, and none shall prosper. See He took our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment