Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rest For The Weary

Matthew 11:29 "Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me;for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

In the first part of this chapter Jesus taught the solemn truth of human responsibility,and afterwards he had joyfully proclaimed in prayer the doctrine of election.Now he turns to give a free and full invitation to those who are needing rest.We must remember who it is  who is inviting men to come to him.The Son of the most high God,bids men to draw near to Himself without fear,and he will give them rest.


We draw near to God through the study of His word.God said "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge",it is not that the knowledge is not available,it is that the people of God do not make themselves avavilable to receive the knowledge.We go to church but we don't attend Sunday school and bible study.Some of us don't even open our bibles until instructed to by the person who is bringing the word that day.So Jesus said "Come to me", come to the person of Christ,the living Savior and our example of how to live this earthly life.Come to Him with your whole heart,don't just come to chuch, come to Jesus.Take His yoke upon you, be obedient to His word, but you must first have to know what His word says.So much is being taught today that is not in the bible, and it is a doctrine that gives birth to lame and weak sheep.We are teaching people to doubt the power of Him who has all power.Jesus said "I have power over all flesh" yet we act as though He has no power in our life.He said "take no thought", yet we spend countless hour worring about that which we have no control over.So learn of Him and enter into His rest.


Christ said I will give you rest, not I will show you rest,nor tell you of rest, but I will give you rest for your soul.Christ said believe in me and I will give you rest,I will give you peace with God and peace with conscience.I will turn your storms into everlasting calm.I will give you a rest the world cannot take from you.The more we learn of Jesus the more we can take rest in His promises.Many are wondering through a vast wilderness of doubt ,disbelief,and worry because they don't know enough to know Christ as a way out of no way. Christ said "Learn of Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment