Monday, December 27, 2010

Jesus:My help from the Lord!

Psalms 121:1-2"I Will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,From whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord,which made heaven and earth"

Saints we must look to Jesus in all circumstances of our life.It is in him we should look,in him we should trust,and to him we should we sacrifice in in times of uncertainties.The psalmist here says "I will lift up my eyes unto the hills".

Saints to many are lifting our eyes to the hills and not to Jesus, looking to the elevated high places and the things we have elevated to the high places in our lives,when it is Jesus who saves.(Looking to our Jobs,bank accounts positions and other things we have placed in high esteem in our lives.)Why do we look to the hills, why do we say we are going to look to the hills,it is looking to the hills which has gotten most of us in the situations we find ourselves in today.Looking to the hills have taken our eyes off of God, and his purpose in our life.This causes us to stray to the left and to the right,as we begin chasing the lust and desires of our own hearts,no longer being led by the spirit of God.Sometimes God wants us to go through the valley of the shadow of death, but looking to the high places we sometime feel we are to good or to important to go through the gutters of life,even if it means to save a lost soul.Our vain thinking and need for variety sometimes returns us to the very world the gospel has called us out of,the world of darkness God has delievered us from.Looking to the hill can cause us to become selfish,seeking power, prestige,and popularity,instead of leading a lost soul to the salvation of the Lord.

The psalmist says he "will lift up his eyes unto the hills", then he ask a question"from whence cometh my help",He say where does my help come from, is it comming from the idols I have placed in the hills and the high places of life.( The hills and high places was where they placed the false god whom they made sacrifices too.)Saints is our help comming from our Jobs, bank accounts, or friends,the things in our life we often make sacrifices for.Where does our help truly come from? Saints are we worshiping the blessing and not the blessor? He goes on to say my "Help cometh from the Lord".

Truly the Lord is the salvation of the world.Our help comes from the Lord, it always comes from the Lord.I can't speak for everybody ,but when I was nothing and had nothing my help came from the Lord. It wasn't from my job because I had no Job. It wasn't from my bank account, cause I had no money, It didn't come from my family cause I had no contact with them,I was homeless and lost in darkness,and my help came from the Lord, Jesus the light of the world, my help from the Lord.So remember to look to Jesus the Christ our help from the lord.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus is our ever present help, let us always look to him in every situation, he is our help from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete